Monday, January 26, 2009

Home Study woes

Epp... waiting is SO hard!

I made some calls today to set up our home study (the process where a licensed therapist or child services type person talks to you and checks out your home to make sure you are mommy and daddy worthy) and the first agency I called said it would take 4 to 5 MONTHS to complete on top of the three week wait to even get an appointment. Eeep! I don't mean to be impatient... but we have a little girl in mind (more posts about her later) and she needs medical care... we can't wait that long.

In tears I called Justin to tell him the news. But he reminded me that our friends who have adopted told us about their agency, and that they were based in Atlanta (I couldn't find them locally,no wonder). So I called the agency, Family First, and they are emailing me the documents and mailing the rest and it should only take 6-8 WEEKS to complete! YAY! Praise God for having Justin think clearly when I'm in "pout" mode. Had he not convinced me to call the other people, I would have just assumed they all take that long.

So prayers please that we are able to get all of our documents they need and our fingerprints etc. Today was the first time I really grasped how overwhelming the process of adopting is. I always knew getting our child and raising them will be overwhelming and new... but just the application process is daunting at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment